Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yes, please.

I think I have been looking forward to making pasta since I started school.
I have made home made pasta a thousand times, so why I am not counting down the minutes to braising lamb or poaching fish, I don't know. I kind of do- I am such a fat kid at heart.

"skinny fat"

I just really love pasta.

Today we made pasta dough for production tomorrow!


fresh egg pasta dough.


The classic way to make pasta dough is 1 egg to 1 cup of flour with water and salt as needed. 

The recipe we made in class.... which happens to be the recipe I usually use at home is as follows...

Ingredients:
16 oz bread flour
4 eggs
1/2 oz olive oil
Water as needed
Salt to taste

Method:
Measure out flour onto counter top or in a very large bowl. 
Create a "well" for eggs and oil. 
Knead dough. 
Add water as needed to get to the proper consistency.  
Season with salt. 
Let rest at least one hour.
Roll out.

Continued tomorrow......


1 comment: