Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My boyfriend boned a trout.

I just stood there and watched in disgust.

Awful joke courtesy of Richard Keith..... how you are still so charming and irresistible is a mystery.

Also courtesy of RK.... bone free trout, so I should probably watch my mouth.


rainbow trout stuffed with mushrooms and herbs.

Neither of us had ever boned a fish before, but thanks to YouTube (and Mark from Metropolitan Seafood).... it was very easy to learn. 




Also, thank you blogger for making it so easy for a computer illiterate girl like myself to look like she knows whats she's doing..... I totally just inserted a video into my blog!



Thank you, Richard. 
I wish that you could come to school with me to do all of the gross stuff. 
Best sous chef ever. 




Once the trout was bone free I seasoned it and stuffed it with a mixture of mushrooms and herbs, some lemon, and a strip of bacon. Then I baked it in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. 

I served this with tourned zucchini. Yes, I actually tourned vegetables when I wasn't being graded... shocking. 

This dish was really tasty..... however, I think it s going to take me a few fish before I am comfortable with having my dinner stare back at me. Bleh- fish heads with tiny teeth.






No comments:

Post a Comment