Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Roasted Sweet Potato Sliders

Ok. I am literally so bored of being sick on my death couch that I have been scrolling through my phone making fun of myself for the fact that 85% of my pictures are not of my loved ones or maybe my pets like a normal girl.....


No.
85% of all 1,987 pictures on my iphone are of food


FOOD


Pictures of that day last November when I thought it would be appropriate to bake 7 pies and cornbread in one day because I had the sniffles.


Pictures of chile, and tributes to Julia Child in my lovely dutch oven. 
Pictures of cookies, and cupcakes, and meatloaf.....
Tamales, BBQ, cheese, chinese food and ice cream.


I have a problem. 


However, amongst all of the visual proof that I may possibly commit suicided one day by in fact sticking my head in an oven- not out of pity,  but to make sure I got every last cookie crumb out of there.... I ran across a gem. 




roasted sweet potatoes topped with goat cheese salad.


Ingredients:
2 pounds sweet potatoes
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup toasted and cooled pecan halves
2 shallots
2 stalks celery
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
3 ounces goat cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon smooth Dijon mustard

Method:
Wash and cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch coins.Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and roast about 30 minutes at 450 degrees turning 1/2 way through to get even color on both sides. 
While the potatoes are roasting, combine finely chopped shallots, chopped celery, chopped pecans, minced cranberries, chopped parsley, and crumbled goat cheese.
In a small separate bowl, combine dijon mustard and red wine vinegar. Slowly add olive oil while whisking continuously and then add half of the vinaigrette mixture to the chopped ingredients. Mix everything together and top each sweet potato coin with a spoonful of the goat cheese salad. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the coins and enjoy..... seriously enjoy. 

This is one of my favorite appetizers. Ever. They don't keep well, so eat them all.... like I do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment