Thursday, October 25, 2012

PB & Pumpkin PUPcakes

I was baking Pumpkin & Oatmeal cookies today (recipe coming soon, obvi) when I found myself spoon feeding the dogs the left over pumpkin puree..... classy. I realized that if Richard walked in the kitchen and found me feeding the dogs human food with our sliver ware, I might be in a little bit of trouble.... next best thing? Baking them human like treats... which is was more fun than folding the tower of laundry that I have piled on our dining room table. Priorities, people.



Since once a year we choose one of our dogs as the favorite that actually gets to have their birthday recognized, I figured that since right now Ollie is my favorite dog (sorry, Lucy.... maybe next time give me morning kisses before Rich) and his b-day is actually sometime around now, the universe was pretty much FORCING me to throw a birthday "party" for him.  And that's exactly what I plan to do. 10 minutes.... 3 PUPcakes..... and 3 dogs. Let's be serious.... by 10 minutes I mean 10 seconds of full on  pupcake devouring celebration. We are clearly the best dog parents ever.


PB & Pumpkin PUPcakes


Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oats
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Method:
Combine all ingredients. Spoon into mini cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Cool. I always "frost" my pupcakes with some whipped cream cheese, but I am pretty sure your dog will enjoy them without it....depends how obnoxious you want to be.
Store in an open container or paper bag in the refrigerator.

And just incase you are curious as to what chaos looks like in our home......






No comments:

Post a Comment