Friday, July 12, 2013

Grilled Lamb Loins and Kitchen Twirls

"Sarah, can I bring a "special friend" to dinner tonight?" has to be my favorite question anyone asks me. (Unless it's Rich, then he will die). After all, I am a woman and that means that there is nothing I love more than twirling around my kitchen in a dress, as if that is how I always look when I prepare a four course candlelit dinner, served on china, on a Wednesday evening. Cooking for a new person is the closest this happily married woman will ever get to going on a date with someone new. So, instead of impressing my man, I get to impress someone elses. (But not too much. I don't want to steal their thunder after all..... I just want to feed it). Plus, if I do a good job, it may  lead to unsaid friend having "dessert for two" later that evening, which makes me the most happy person ever. Well that's not true...I'm the most happy when I have desert for two...

Sorry... I lost my train of thought for a second. Where was I? Oh right... Last nights menu...

Balsamic Roasted Figs with Goat Cheese
Kale Salad
Heriloom Tomatoes and Buratta Cheese Caprese (duh)
Farro Risotto
Grilled Lamb Loins
And Peach and Basil Ice cream (sound familiar?)






Ok.... so maybe sometimes I have a little (or a lot) of extra time on my hands, but I take showing off very seriously! I mean, if unsaid friend's date doesn't fall in love with ME, then there is no choice but to assume there is not only no way they will fall in love with unsaid friend but there are also likely 45 red flags that will pop up at some point. So, with the hope of avoiding all dating drama, I put on my most adorable apron, set the table, grilled those loins (yes, I actually grilled... and also, loin is an AWFUL word!) and gracefully twirled about the kitchen whipping up the most impressive Wednesday night meal that I could. 


garlic and herb grilled lamb loins


Ingredients:
6 garlic cloves, smashed
1 tablespoon fresh thyme 
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
Freshly ground Pepper
Kosher salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 lamb loins


Method:

Mix first 4 ingredients and olive oil in a bowl.  Add lamb; turn to coat. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, but preferably a few hours. 
Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium Add lamb loins and grill about 5 minutes per side until medium rare. Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.

Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment