Thursday, September 12, 2013

30 Days of Juicing... Starts NOW!

Say what?

Now, before you get your panties all in a bunch.... I am NOT in any way, shape, or form even hinting at a juice cleanse. Have you met me? I would rather die. And juice cleanses CAN kill you. Buttttttt, seeing as I have decided that it is fall now (have you heard?) and I was less than kind to my body this summer, I thought maybe a little nutrition and T.L.C. might be nice. This is not a cleanse, a weight loss plan, or anything of the sort (yuck!) it is simply a way to try some new juices that are vitamin and nutrient dense! Plus, these juices sound seriously delicious.

You see, I was perusing Williams Sonoma earlier, as I do, and came across their plan for 30 days of juicing. I am not an idiot, I know that it was a ploy to sell me a juicer that I already have, but that made it all the easier to avoid the sales pitch (though I have been begging Richard for a Vitamix since forever and if Santa ends up bringing me one instead I may go back up the chimney with that sexy silver fox.) But rather than worry about that, I have begun obsessing over a new plan that I will most likely fail at. I am not very good at committing to things (Rich cover your ears), but, again, considering what I put my liver through over the past few months, I thought that this was a very good idea. And for the record, I make no promises some Kettle One won't find its way into one of these juices. After all, my liver has come to expect a certain workload and I wouldn't want it to think it has let me down.

So, here I am. I am going to blog EVERY DAY with a new juice recipe. I am serious. It's happening. You are welcome to join us... Richard and I, that is. I am not sure if he is as motivated as me, but as my husband he is well versed in that all too true idiom, "happy wife, happy life..." so he really doesn't have a choice. He did, roughly a year ago, but he chose me, and now WE chose juice. (See what I did there?)

Here it is. Day 1:


 
Day 1: 
2 pints blueberries
2 pints blackberries
Seeds of 3 pomegranates


Believe it or not.... it was delicious.




1 comment:

  1. Juice is very good during fast. It gives energy and burn fat of body.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete