Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter.

Happy Easter everyone!

I hope finds you surrounded by friends and family...... and boyfriends meeting the family. (ah!)
Yes, Richard is meeting the fam today which was pretty good timing because I could stress bake without looking like a nut. I am not stressed. If anything I should be stressed about any judgment on what an outstanding catholic I have become.

Ah, baking pies.....

farmer's market strawberry rhubarb pie

Strawberry rhubarb is my absolute favorite pie which is great because I am absolutely amazing at baking it. I will post the recipe soon. Seriously.... soon.

Since I apparently not only gave up exercise for lent, but also blogging.... now that Easter is passing I will be more on top of my blog.... and maybe exercising. Probably not, though. 

While the pie is in the oven....

Easter morning baked eggs

Ingredients:
Eggs
Ricotta cheese
Mushrooms
Prosciutto
Shallots
Black truffled cheese
Fresh herbs

That's right. I am covering pies, Easter, and breakfast in one blog.... check me out. 



blackberry lemon pie with a graham cracker crust

Ingredients:
Graham cracker
Sugar
Cinnamon
Butter
Fresh Blackberries
Fresh lemon juice
Cream cheese
Sweetened condensed milk
Lemon zest

Method:
Combine crushed graham crackers, sugar, and butter to form crust. Bake about 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. 
Combine cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, and zest. Pour mixture in cooled crust. Top with blackberries and lemon zest. Refrigerate over night.

Thank you Tom Rice for this amazing recipe

And because I have to.....

braised bunny in a mustard cream sauce served with carrot ravioli

Yep, Easter week at Le Cordon Blue.....










No comments:

Post a Comment