Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday morning.

I am already getting sick of eggs.
I think I did two blog entries that were actually about eggs.....
A little bit about me? I get bored of things very easily.
However, this is my 4th (?) Sunday morning post, so at least I am still doing that.
At least I am still blogging. (Rachel Hoffman, I hope you are proud of me for sticking to so many things...and words lately. I am such a grown up)

This morning I had a fancy shmancy potato pancake recipe in mind, but opened the pantry to find nothing that I needed and no motivation to drive two blocks to the market.

SO....

Sweet potato pancakes with herbed goat cheese.

All of the ingredients were already in my fridge and probably about to spoil. 

Ingredients:
Sweet potatoes
Fingerling potatoes
Onion
Green Onion
Egg
Flour
Salt and Pepper

Goat Cheese
Green Onion
Parsley

Method:
Two cups of coffee in I was beyond lazy and actually microwaved the potatoes. Yes. I used the microwave and I feel so guilty that I can't even lie about it. 
Pierce the sweet potatoes (I used 4) and the fingerlings (I used 2. You can use any white potato, but this was all I had.) Microwave each potato for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Set them aside and let cool. 
Saute the onion in a little butter. I added maybe half a clove of minced garlic. Peel and mash the potatoes together. Add onion mixture. Add one egg, about half a cup of flour, 2 teaspoons of salt, a pinch of pepper, and some green onion. 
Fry in oil until golden brown. 

For the topping I just finely chopped some green onion and parsley and combined that with some goat cheese. Season and viola. No trip to the market needed. 



1 comment: