Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Can I please note that as I type this my boyfriend is at spin class and I am sitting in front of my computer eating cookies.

I am going to be in big trouble when I turn 25 and get a harsh dose of metabolic reality.

Yes, my birthday is in 2 weeks and I LOVE presents. Thank you.

These have negative calories. I promise. 


Ingredients:
5 oz butter
4 oz granulated sugar
4 oz brown sugar
1/4 oz salt
3 oz eggs (technically you should measure eggs because they are all different sizes. I used 2 eggs.)
1/4 oz vanilla extract
10 oz pastry flour (You can use all purpose flour. Pastry flour is just fluffier.)
1/4 oz baking soda
10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips

Method:
Cream butter and sugar. Whisk together eggs and vanilla and combine with butter and sugar mixture. Sift the dry ingredients and slowly fold into the wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips, roll into 1 oz balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden brown. 




Tip: Well, two tips, actually. 
1. DO NOT OVERMIX your cookie dough. Over mixing is what causes cookies to be flat and chewy. 
2. Chilled cookie dough is best. Once your cookies are on a cookie sheet and ready to go into the oven it is best to put them in the freezer or fridge for a few minutes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment