Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies

Today my baking teacher threw around the word "PERFECTION."
I baked perfect, melt in your mouth, chewy, yet crumbly peanut butter cookies.
I mean..... to die for peanut butter cookies.

"I just made your day didn't I? You are just like me."
My baking teacher then seriously called me out on my proud case of OCD.
I love her.

Note: My other baking instructor is a man with an accent so thick he sounds like you should be watching him make baguettes on a street corner in France.

This class may be my version of heaven.

I love this class. 



Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients:
6 oz butter
4 oz brown sugar
4 oz granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 oz peanut butter
2 oz of eggs (1 egg)
1 teaspoon vanilla 
8 oz pastry flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Method:
I never use my kitchen aid mixer at home because I think it is a huge pain in the ass to clean and I kind of enjoy doing everything by hand. I literally bought the stupid thing to put on the counter, look pretty, and remind everyone that I can probably bake way better cookies than them. 
However, we did use mixers in class today, so if you have one you can use it.... I guess. 

Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, and salt. 
Combine eggs and vanilla. Fold into butter mixture. Make sure that you do not over mix or your cookies will end up super flat. 
Sift together dry ingredients and slowly add them to the butter mixture until evenly combined and smooth. 

Form 1 oz balls of dough and place evenly on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. I SWEAR by parchment paper. It doesn't make your cookies greasy on the bottom and it keeps them from sticking. Foil works well also.

Using a fork, create a cross pattern on top of each cookie. I dipped my fork in sugar before doing this to give them a little glisten. 

Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden around the edges. 




No comments:

Post a Comment