Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I hate summer part 2.

Seriously. I really do.
Rich just pulled out his "Chillow." (He thinks the heat is making me loopy.)
Apparently this is a device that chills your pillow all night long and he loves me so much that he just told me that he will give it to me! Such a gem.

Strawberry and mint sorbet

Ingredients:
Fresh strawberries
Mint from the garden!
Water
Sugar




Method:
I got to use my immersion blender twice in one day! Now, I am sure this is not the proper way to make sorbet.... but in my current state of heat exhaustion I was not one for following directions. This took 5 minutes to make and that makes me very happy. 
Chop strawberries and mint. Sprinkle a little sugar on top and add some water. I don't know how much. I really don't. A few cups? Blend together keeping some chunks of strawberries.
Pour into an ice-cream maker and follow manufactures instructions from there. 
So, if you are broken hearted because you do not own an ice cream maker..... all you have to do it go to Sur la Table and buy one! (duh) They are on sale right now for $49.95 (regularly $90.00) 
I am a walking advertisement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment