Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nice rack.

I don't like lamb.... and not at all because Mary had a little one.
Trust me, I have lost anything resembling a bleeding heart for animals that taste delicious.

I just think lamb is kind of gross.

Buttttt......

Mustard crusted rack of lamb

Ingredients:
Rack of lamb
Dijon mustard
Panko bread crumbs
Chopped parsley
Garlic
Salt and pepper

Method:
Prep lamb by exposing rib bones. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on the fat side and then sear all sides in a hot pan to get a nice color. Set aside and let cool. 
Combine bread crumbs, finely chopped parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, and a little butter.
Brush fat side of lamb rack with dijon mustard. You do not need to over do it.... this is just to act as a glue to hold the bread crumb mixture to the meat. 
Pack bread crumbs onto the mustard side if the lamb and place in a 350 degree oven for about 15/20 minutes until medium rare.... 

Served with brussels sprouts and pommes anna.

Oh, how I LOVE brussels sprouts. I made them with candied walnuts this time, but sauteing them with bacon makes me weak in the knees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment