Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bacon Chip Cookies

I really want to call these Piggy Snaps, but it feels inappropriate for some reason.

I have officially jumped on the pork bandwagon. It may have been my recent dinner at ANIMAL..... omg you HAVE to go.... or maybe just the fact that bacon makes everything more delicious. But seriously- these cookies are just that. Absolutely delicious.

achin' for some bacon.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
6 strips of bacon 
4 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temp)
2 tablespoons bacon fat
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla paste (yes, vanilla extract will work the same, I am just a huge pain in the ass)
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

In skillet over high heat, cook the bacon until very crisp. I add a little water to the pan to make the bacon extra crispy. If it were up to me, I would have cooked the bacon until it was black and almost un-edible because that is the way that I like it, but Richard told me that I was gross and that is not the way to cook bacon for cookies. Apparently he knows everything. 

Cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon fat. This is gross, but you will be so happy that you did it.

Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until just combined. 

In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture half at a time. 

Add crumbled bacon and chocolate chips. I reserved a little extra bacon to sprinkle on top of the cookies.

Roll dough into one ounce balls and gently flatten the dough with the palm of your hand. These cookies will not rise or spread while baking, so make sure they look perfect when you put them in the oven. 

Bake on parchment paper lined trays for about 12 minutes until golden. 


oink.

No comments:

Post a Comment