Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Strawberry Mint Ice Pops

It is hot... and getting hotter.
If I lived in Portland I would not have this problem, but alas.... here I am sweating in LA.
I am going to make popsicle (sorry, ice pop.... that's the cool grown up way to say it) making my new hobby.


Strawberry Mint Ice Pops

Ingredients:
1 pint of hulled and chopped fresh strawberries
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup of lemon or limeade
3 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh mint*

*I use fresh chocolate mint. It is fantastic. You can find it at specialty garden stores and grow it yourself (like me.... which you should want to do) or you can sometimes find it at Whole Foods. Regular mint is just fine, though. 

Method:
Heat chopped strawberries and sugar over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Strawberries should become soft and syrupy. 


our burners seriously need to be cleaned.... scrubbed.....


Remove from heat and add lemonade. Let the mixture cool and then add the fresh mint. 
Pour mixture into popsicle molds (I bought mine at Ikea for like 2 dollars) and freeze! Mmm.

There's a holiday weekend coming up and a splash of booze would be quite nice in these! Just remember that alcohol does not freeze well (duh) so use smaller popsicle molds. 

Mojito ice pop recipe to come...... and (fingers crossed) a good story to go along with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment