Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Birthday, Lucy-fur.

Today is Lucy's 2nd birthday!

Actually, it was brought to my attention that the 26th of last month was actually Lucy's birthday, but since I am a human and she is a dog and I am the one baking a cake and making her wear a ridiculous puppy birthday hat.... I am changing it to today.... July 26th- Happy Birthday, Lucy-fur.



So, start judging now, but I am indeed in the middle of baking pupcakes for all of the mutts that call this charming apartment home and me.... mom? master? There is no way to make that sound cool.....

4 dogs, 1 dog bone b-day cake, 6 pupcakes, and 1 birthday pup.... who will probably steal all of the previously mentions treats from the other three, sit on them, show her teeth, and growl. She really is a gem.




PB&C pupcakes (that's peanut butter and carrots... duh)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 cup shredded carrots+ some for decoration
3 Tbsp honey
1 egg white + 1/2 yolk
Cream cheese, room temperature




Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
Place in a greased mold (I used a bone shaped cookie cutter) or mini cupcake liners and bake for 30 minutes.




Frost with room temperature cream cheese and use grated carrots as sprinkles. I found that the carrots grated easiest with a microplane.




Thursday is Hendrix's 6th birthday and I should really be dedicating a super lame blog to him since he is less of an asshole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment