Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pumpkin and Gingersnap Ice Cream.

Yes, you read correctly.... I am in heaven, too. I just ate it for breakfast.

FALL IS HERE!


Thank you, Katie.


It is still 85 degrees out...... but hey, there is a very slight breeze! (yay....)
Fall means cinnamon scented brooms (there is already one sitting next to our fireplace that I purchased after several glass of wine) the start of holiday baking.... you know- the kind that allows yours truly to bake 6 pies in one day, crunchy leaves, pumpkins, and peacoats. All of my favorite things. 

In normal parts of the world, fall also means chilly weather, but alas, in CA (as noted above) we are expecting highs in the 80's next week, so pumpkin pie seems a little gauche, don't you think?


pumpkin and gingersnap ice cream.

I am NEVER one to toot my own horn, but this is seriously one of the best ice creams I have ever had, let alone made. I woke up thinking about it.......If I wake up thinking about anything other than a bagel and cream cheese- you know it's really good. 

Ingredients:
2 cups of heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 cup pureed pumpkin pie filling
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt 
3/4 cup roughly chopped gingersnaps (I used Whole Foods 365 brand and they worked great! You don't want them too soft or else they will just dissolve.) 

Method:
Whisk all ingredients, except the gingersnaps, in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturers instructions. About 3 minutes before the ice cream is done, add the gingersnaps into the machine. 
Freeze for 2 hours before enjoying..... and by enjoying I mean trying with all your might to not eat the entire quart in one sitting. 







No comments:

Post a Comment