Thursday, September 15, 2011

Banana Bread

Ok, this is the last "since we got engaged" post for a while...... maybe.
But.... since we got engaged I have been on this "look at me, the perfect fiancĂ©" kick. Seriously- up in the morning making eggs, being nice to our stupid fourth child dog that bites my ankles, trying not to leave wet clothes in the washing machine for four days until they are moldy.... you know, the normal stuff.

I am a feminist's dream.

So, this morning I woke up with the grand idea of baking banana bread to go with our A.M. coffee.

It's really the best feeling when you slave over a hot oven and then use all of your strength to make french press coffee just to find out that SOMEBODY doesn't like banana bread. Who doesn't like banana bread?
I am re-evaluating my trust for this man..... doesn't like banana bread- psh! Banana bread is delicious. My sister is pretty much named after it.
(Love you, Hannah Banana.)


mid morning snack..... all to myself. 

Banana Bread 
3 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
4 large eggs
2 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 6 bananas)
1/4 cup creme fraiche
2 teaspoons vanilla

Method
Beat together eggs and sugar until pale yellow and ribbons begin to form, about 10 minutes. Add oil, butter, bananas, creme fraiche, and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Fold dry mixture into banana mixture and mix until just combined. 

Divide batter between two loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until golden brown. 

Yield: 2 loaves. 



No comments:

Post a Comment