Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake Pots.

I have kind of lost myself lately with what I like to refer to as "wedding brain." This is something that happens when you AND your best friend are both getting married in the next 6 months so the only topic of conversation becomes wedding based. Seriously. Dresses, flowers, parties, airfares, decor, food.... absolutely non-stop. Unfortunately, I hate to consider my self one of "THOSE BRIDES," but it just happened... and let's be honest... I secretly love it.

However, on the downside.....the afternoons that I used to spend in the kitchen making soups and sauces and pastries are now spent cutting out tiny little panty silhouettes for Emily's bridal shower invitations and finalizing guest lists. It's a dirty job and I highly doubt Richard is going to do it.

So, in an effort to preserve my once self proclaimed title of "at home chef...." I woke up this morning with a goal:

One new soup and one new dessert, both to be prepared, photographed, and devoured before noon.
(I also managed to get a 3 cheese and meat lasagna in the oven for dinner during all of this chaos.)




The simplest of ingredients can really knock your socks off. 

For the crust:
1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons of melted butter

For the filling:
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup Nutella (or more to taste)
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips

Method:
Divide graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter into the bottom of 4 ramekins (or small serving dishes....glasses would work, too) Press down lightly to form a crust. 




In a food processor combine cream cheese, Nutella, brown sugar, and chocolate chips and whip together until smooth and chocolate chips are finely chopped (the chips add a nice texture, but can be left out if you choose.)



Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the ramekins and smooth it out with the back of a spoon. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. 

Makes 4 Cheesecake Pots. 





No comments:

Post a Comment