Thursday, February 9, 2012

OMG, I do exist!

Let me start by saying Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Chinese New Year, Happy Boxing Day, Happy Friday the 13th, Happy MLK Day, Happy Groundhog Day..... and Happy Opposite Day (It's a real day.)

Yep.... It's been awhile. 

I have been living my worst nightmare for the past few months. This nightmare is called South Beach Diet.... and yes.... it's as bad as it sounds. I have said goodbye to bread, pasta, cake, bagels, pizza fruit, carrots, and worst of all, WINE. But, I have also said farewell to 15 pounds and 2 pants sizes, so I really can't complain that much...neither can my fiancĂ©. 

So, here is my latest excuse as to why I have dropped of the face of the blogging universe:
The downside to any diet (besides the torture and cold sweats that come along with painful carb craving headaches) is really boring food.... I feel like my life has been wrapped in iceberg lettuce instead of spread lovingly between two fresh pieces of homemade sourdough bread. I mean... whats the point of blogging about chicken and veggies every night? 

However, I have recently come to the conclusion that just because I have to suffer through starvation to look like a super hot bride, does not mean that you, my 14 readers, also have to endure this misery. Yup, admit it.... the last two months have sucked without my Facebook wall being plastered with my latest food ramblings. 

To make this AMAZING blogging comeback that you are about to experience, I had the pleasure of shooting my afternoon baking with the wonderful Edward Scott..... (he is also shooting our wedding!!) 

Note: No matter how strict you have been dieting.... if there is cooking dough in your presence it is ALWAYS ok to eat it. 


The perfect milk dunking chocolate chip cookie

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


Beat egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until light and creamy. 


Combine the remaining dry ingredients and the melted butter in a separate bowl. 




Combine both mixtures together. Mix well. Add the chocolate chips. 


Scoop dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper using a tablespoon scoop.


Bake cookies in a 325 degree oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.

Pour a tall glass of milk and enjoy. 


Coming soon.... braised beef short ribs and buttermilk roasted chicken. I am going to blow your mind with my blogging dedication.... and my cooking :)

Recipe from SmittenKitchen.com

1 comment: