Monday, September 24, 2012

Friday Night Feasts: Grilled Lobster

Rich and I are definitely creatures of habit. From grocery shopping every morning at 9am to wine tasting every Sunday afternoon.... I like my routines and the best ones are always centered around good food, great friends and family, and plenty of wine. 

Since we generally try to put together at least one dinner party each weekend, I thought it's about time that I start bragging about them because if there is one thing I love to do besides playing hostess with the mostess, it's showing off. 

This weeks menu:
Grilled Lobster Tails with Garlic and Meyer Lemon Aioli 
Capellini with Lemon Zest and Fresh Basil (recipe here)
Grilled Zucchini
Cucumber Salad
Homemade Dark Chocolate Ice Cream

Sometimes the most simple of dinners are the absolute best! 
And anytime that I can break out the china, I do! You could truly serve PB&J's to dinner guests on a beautifully set table and get away with it.


My new china's debut dinner
















Perfectly Grilled Lobster Tails

Ingredients:
Lobster tails
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

Method:
Cut each lobster tail down the back and place on a metal skewer. Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with lemon juice and salt and pepper.
On a medium heat grill, have your husband (boyfriend, fiancé, flavor of the week, etc..... I sure as hell don't do the grilling in this family. That's how eyelash extensions get singed.) place each lobster tail cut side down on the grill for 5 minutes. Turn over and grill for 4 more minutes. That's it! You know the lobster is cooked when the shells are bright red and the meat is white.

I served the lobster with a meyer lemon and garlic aioli. To die for.



No comments:

Post a Comment