Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkins On My Table & Pumpkins In My Bread

Good news! We were finally able to survive a day without needing to run the AC from 9am to 8pm which can only mean one thing.....

It's fall!

Well, almost. Today and yesterday were fall and then next week it's back up to 93 degrees (kill me.)
But either way, I got a taste of chilly weather so it is officially fair game for holiday baking! ee! However, according to my husband (butterflies...still....) the holiday music may have been a bit pre-mature. Bah humbug.

But, this time of year is so magical... while all the cool kids are watching football,  I can literally spend 8 hours a day elbows deep in pumpkin and cinnamon (sometimes eight hours cooking with it and sometimes eight hours eating it), only taking breaks to arrange pressed leaves and gourds around the house. 




Today I really covered both bases..... the house is decorated, I am forcing Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (recipe here) down anyones throat that I can get my hands on, and I just pulled some pumpkin bread out of the oven. My house smells like heaven, maybe even better.... and yours should, too! Time to get baking.....








PUMPKIN BREAD



Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/3 cup cake flour
2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
4 eggs
1 15oz can of pumpkin
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup canola oil



Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine dry and wet ingredients separately. Mix together. Pour batter into two greased loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf. Let cook for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment