Friday, November 16, 2012

Perfectly Indulgent Hot Chocolate

Funny story.... my last post was written by a girl with the sniffles and here I am once again... sniffling.

As usual my immune system was compromised by over indulging in cabernet... only this time the crime took place in Napa, which may in fact be my new favorite city of all time. I have never eaten so much in my life, which is saying A LOT coming from me. My life will not be complete until Rich and I move there and have a chicken coop and a vineyard.

Anyways, the hubby and I have both been couch ridden having only pulled it together enough in the last 4 days to decorate for Christmas and spend our last pennies on soup from Erewon (the only place to ever buy soup if you are too lazy to make it.) I must say though, sniffles and all..... being shamed to the couch for my less than responsible behavior last weekend could be worse (see photo below and start being jealous.....)



Yes, it's true. Christmas came early in the Keith household. Buuutttt, before you start sending me hate-emails, I will have you know that our dining room is still decked out for Turkey Day- just as it should be. I would rather serve dry turkey that put the pumpkins back in storage just yet. 

So, we have a fire, a christmas tree, 3 snuggly pups (one wearing a Santa coat, obvi) the only thing that was missing was a steaming cup of hot chocolate, which in this house is completely unacceptable.......


to. die. for. hot chocolate. 

Ingredients:
4 cups 2% milk 
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
marshmallows
whipped cream

Method:
Heat milk on low/medium heat. Do not boil. Add sugar, cocoa, and vanilla and stir constantly until everything is dissolved and hot.
Serve with marshmallows or whipped cream.... or go crazy and use both. 

This recipe makes quite a bit and it is very rich. I think it's enough for 3 or 4 servings. So, here's the best advice I will ever give you......


If your husband has decided to deny his sweet tooth.... put the extra hot chocolate it in the fridge and it's ready to go when you need it. There's nothing better than packet-free hot chocolate ready to go when you are. I mean... there's a few things better, but not many. 

A warning.... be careful heating it the microwave- if it boils over it is a very sticky mess. I always reheat on the stove. 










No comments:

Post a Comment