Monday, July 29, 2013

Lazy Monday Peanut Butter Smoothies

A very un-happy Monday to all. 

This is going to be short and simple y'all* It's a Monday and you know how I feel about them. Not. Good. Why must the weekend ever end?! I wasn't a lush (as usual) yesterday, so being hangover free today is a plus, I suppose. But man... I have the Monday bug BAD. On top of it being the worst day of the week it's also hot as _________ outside, making me feel even more lazy! (You can fill in the blank as you please.)

* I can say y'all because I am married to a southern boy. He doesn't actually say y'all,  but that's not important. 


am I a fan of baseball or a fan of not washing my hair....???


Lazy is actually an understatement. Today I did my hair by putting on a baseball hat. That's right... dry shampoo was actually too much work. And that lunch I promised Richard...... is a smoothie. Yup. Wife of the year. Here's the good news: this smoothie is delicious. The fat kid in me thinks I'm drinking a milkshake (hooray!) and my inner health nut is also satisfied. A creamy peanut butter shake full of omega-3's and fiber. Are you sold yet?





Ingredients:
2 cups vanilla almond milk
2 frozen bananas
4 Tbsp all natural, chunky peanut butter. I buy Skippy because you don't have to stir it.
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
A couple of handfuls of ice.... because it's hot out.



Method:
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Yup. That's it. Lazy Monday. 
Makes 2 servings. 




No comments:

Post a Comment