Monday, July 22, 2013

Pickled Nectarine Salad with Arugula and Burrata

Oh, Monday- how I am never happy to see you. What a lame day of the week. It comes after a weekend usually filled with a few too many cocktails and indulgent food choices (if you couldn't tell by my previous post....) and by the time the weekend is over, Rich and I are usually scrambling to find a way to give our bodies just a little bit of nourishment after the three days of abuse they have been through. We're worn out, cranky, and going through carb withdrawals. If we had real jobs we probably would have killed each other by now. Can you imagine the two of us heading out the door Monday morning with our to-go coffee cups and a newspaper. In another lifetime, maybe.... but hopefully not.

Really, Monday's only redeeming quality is that the mail comes again (you know how I feel about the mail- it's the best.) Between all of my ridiculous monthly subscriptions (see: glossybox, birchbox, barkbox) the fact that I am a pretty devoted online shopper, and Richard and I both crossing our fingers for commercial residual checks.... the mail is a pretty exciting part of my day. Especially when Bon Appetit comes. Lucky for me, and my post weekend, salad craving, body, this month's issue had a recipe for the most delicious summer salad!!! Nectarines, arugula and burrata... some of my absolute favorite ingredients and they paired together absolutely perfectly. I switched up the recipe a bit and it turned out super yummy!

summer lunch. kale smoothie and this delicious salad.


Ingredients:
1 nectarine, thinly sliced (can be replaced with thinly sliced peaches)
1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
Kosher salt 
Freshly ground pepper
2 cups arugula
1/4 cup hand torn basil leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
4 oz burrata torn into 1 inch pieces (can be replaced with burrata's less creamy, less delicious cousin, mozzarella, though I wouldn't recommend it.) 

Method:
Toss nectarines, onion, vinegar, salt and peppers in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes to get a nice pickled flavor. 
Remove the nectarines and onions from the vinegar and toss them with arugula and basil. Place the salad on plates, top with burrata and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment