Wednesday, July 31, 2013

When life gives you scrapes, cuts, and bruises.... make CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM!

My titles are just getting longer and longer....

I am not known for being the most graceful woman (or even one of the top 10). So, as much as my mother tried to give me grace with the 10 years of ballet classes she put me through (see flat, even length toes below), not much stuck... except band-aids, thank god. On any given Wednesday, you will most likely find me with at least one bruised knee, a few cuts, and a couple scrapes. (Congratulations, Rich, you married a 3rd grader.) So what about today, you may ask? Today is just like any other Wednesday.

- I ran into MY OWN shopping cart at Whole Foods this morning (yes, that is actually possible) and did quite the sexy little number on my chicken nugget toe (fun fact: contains as much actual chicken as a McDonald's Chicken McNugget.)

- I sliced my thumb on my mandolin. (the kind for slicing, not the Asian string instrument)

- I gave myself a paper cut with a CARDBOARD BOX! (WTF? It's not even paper!!!)

- And I burnt my hand on a hot bowl that ended in broken China everywhere and a whole big mess. At least the dogs were happy. (No they didn't eat the China)




Oh, and this was all before 10:00am.

So, yes. That has been my day so far. And when life gives you lemons all of the ridiculous things above, there is nothing else to do but make lemonade ICE CREAM!


chocolate ice cream (in a grown up cone...)


As many fancy-shamncy (kinda douchey) ice cream flavors as a girl can come up with, there's nothing better than the originals. Chocolate ice cream and I go wayyyy back... even before all of those useless ballet classes... and we are still going strong. This is another eggless recipe because I care about your heart and my mother-in-law, Cindy (she has an anaphylactic egg allergy, poor woman.) But trust a ginger when I say, you won't miss them one bit!



Ingredients:
1 cup cocoa powder (I used Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cup whole milk
3 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract

Method:
Combine all ingredients, try not to hurt yourself, and churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions. Store in an airtight container in the freezer (duh.)

Look, it's my ice. creaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment