Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Cantaloupe Sorbet

Hellllllo Summer!

While most years I feel like I greet summer with a bit of a scowl, I am beyond ready for it this year! I have been missing BBQs and bikinis and ice cream like nobodies business. I have even died my hair blonde to be more like the sun. Yes, that is correct. I am a ginger no more! So, what now? Am I blonde in the kitchen? The answer is no. I am ginger in my soul and in my roots (which are very visible thanks to the super cool dye job from Mary) and therefor, a ginger in the kitchen I shall remain. (Though Rich insists I be blonde everywhere else).

With the heat of summer on its way (who am I kidding... the heat is HERE), I figured there is no better time than now (after a slight 2 month vacay from my blog. Oops...) to start diving into some fun summer recipes! There is nothing that tickles my fancy more than homemade ice cream, but this is the first time I have made sorbet! Shocking, I know. It had just never even crossed my mind, but I am so glad that it did because holy hot weather, this sorbet is AMAZING and makes me so excited to start trying some new flavors. It is so easy to make and requires very few ingredients, so no sweaty trip to the market needed!


Cantaloupe Sorbet

Ingredients:
1 small cantaloupe melon
1/4 cup  sugar
2 tablespoons organic honey
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Method:
Remove the rind and seeds, and chop the melon into 1 inch cubes. Toss with sugar and honey and let sit for about 30 minutes. Place melon and sugar in a blender and blend until very very smooth. Add lemon juice to taste and freeze in an once cream maker according to the manufacturers instructions. Place in the freezer to finish freezing. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment