Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 6

Today we continued with sauces.
I am looking forward to cooking actual food to put the sauces on.....

My eggs before school were perfectly sunny side up (at 5am nothing is very sunny, so that's kind of a big deal) and that put a rather sunny disposition across my face. I really love eggs.

Staying on subject (for once)......Spanish Sauce is delicious on eggs.

i love them.


Spanish Sauce:
Oil
Green bell pepper (diced)
Garlic clove (minced)
Mushroom (sliced)
Tomato Sauce (perviously prepared)
Tabasco Sauce
Salt and pepper

Method:
Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Sweat out onion, peppers, and garlic. Add mushroom. Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Add tabasco sauce to taste (I like a little spice....) Finish with salt and pepper. I am quickly learning that what is far too salty for me is just right for my teacher. His heart is in his own hands.


Spanish Sauce


If I didn't hate birds (and lived on a farm.... or at least had a yard), pet chickens would be ideal.
Also ideal- a maid that would fit in my pocket. Lots and lots of dishes to do..... at school AND at home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment