Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mussels with white wine and garlic sauce.

Today in class we prepared mussels in a white wine and garlic sauce served with angel hair pasta tossed in a light tomato sauce.

My pasta was actually tossed in a light tomato sauce and dish sanitizer.... I claim no responsibility for being retarded before 9am.

I will repeat..... I tossed my pasta in dish sanitizer. Dish sanitizer looks like water and apparently is safe for consumption.

Moules mariniers.

Ingredients:
Mussels- cleaned (duh.)
Garlic
White wine
Shallots
Parsley
Butter
Fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Tomatoes

Angel hair pasta
Tomato sauce (obviously fresh.... recipe will be posted soon. Until then.... use google, please.)

Method:
Saute shallots in a little oil. Do not brown. Add garlic to pan. Add about a cup of white wine and bring to a simmer. Add mussels, cover and steam for about 5 minutes until mussels are cooked. They will open up when they are done. Remove mussels from pan and set aside. Reduce sauce to 'nappe' consistency. Finish with butter. Toss with diced tomatoes and a good handful of freshly chopped parsley. Add mussels back to pan, season, and serve hot. Serve with grilled garlic baguette (or just toast it in the oven) and pasta. 

Ok. So I tossed my pasta with dish sanitizer. I am not a complete idiot. My station partner left a bucket of sanitizer next to our stove because she was cleaning her utensils. My tomato sauce was a little too thick and I thought the sanitizer was water. 

I served my pasta anyways and nobody died. 

Karma. 


No comments:

Post a Comment