Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bridesmaid Brunch

It just so turns out that getting married (in 491 days) gives you a pretty good excuse to throw lots of fancy engagements to celebrate yourself (and your groom to be... I guess.)  I LOVE THIS. 

Last weekend I threw what I would like to congratulate myself and call "The Prettiest Brunch Ever."
I had my bridal party over, minus my pretty little sister (Hannah you were very missed,) for mimosas and mid morning appetizers to ask them to do everything I say for the next year or so. 

Tips on throwing a perfect brunch:
1. Keep the preparation simple so that you have more time to drink champagne with your friends. 

Yep.... that's my only tip. Lot's of pretty, chilled appetizers that pair perfectly with bubbly. 

....And I guess to use the plates that you don't let your fiancé eat off because they make the table look pretty

Note: Pretty table= important..... maybe even more important than the food because, let's be honest, after 4 glasses of champagne to celebrate yours truly....... the only thing any one remembers are the pictures. 





Watermelon salad with fresh mint and feta cheese.


Asparagus tossed in a bacon and sherry vinaigrette.


Prosciutto with melon.

2 bottles of champagne. 4 friends. 1 hour. totally acceptable. 


Pistachio cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. 

French baguettes and brie cheese. Heaven. 






I am so blessed to have such lovely friends to celebrate with!


Pistachio Cupcakes
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box instant pistachio pudding
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water

This is the easiest recipe on earth. 
Combine all ingredients. Fill lined cupcake pan 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. 

Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 cup butter
i package of cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Combine all ingredients and whip until light and fluffy with a kitchen aid mixer (or a hand mixer.) You could do it by hand, by I think that's self abuse. 




1 comment: